So, here’s the Lobo redesign Marguerite Bennett was talking about getting shit for. (From this article at The Mary Sue.)
Sooooooo many feelings!
1. That’s not the Lobo I know and love! Change is Bad!
2. But he’s SOOOOOOOO PRETTY!!
3. But Lobo isn’t supposed to be pretty!!!
5. This comment on that Mary Sue article Nails. It. “So what is the point of Lobo now? He was a satire of the times; a hyper-masculine, extra-badass, bulging, violent, lewd space-Wolverine. Are they playing it straight now? Or is this also a satire? A pretty, buckle-with-no-belt, lots-o-seams, sleeveless, popper-collar, serious-faced, blue-toned space bro?” - MarTeaNi
6. Now I want to read that book, MarTeaNi!
7. Basically, shut up fanboys! You’re proving David Willis’s point for him. This is EXACTLY what he was talking about with that comic.